17 April 2013 ............... Length about 2,000 words (24,000 bytes).
This is a WWW document by Steve Draper, installed at http://www.psy.gla.ac.uk/~steve/resources/default.html.
Some learning and teaching resources
This is the index page or introduction to the documents in this directory.
They are learning resources tailored for students and staff in the
of Glasgow University,
but possibly useful elsewhere if adapted.
Copying is allowed, comments welcome. Feel free to use them, but they have
not been extensively checked and tested, and are not the last word on their
List for students and staff
- (Here is a complete but unformatted list of
pages for courses I teach / have taught.)
- Induction for arriving students
- PAL (Peer Assisted Learning) in the psychology department
- Year abroad / foreign students studying here
email aliases to foreign students
- Critical reviews
Examples of CRs
E.g.s of topics, possibly
for microCT exercise
- Punctuation help
(N.B. considerable advice on writing essays, reviews etc. is
included within the "Critical reviews" document above.)
- My resources for postgraduate students
- Slides from level 4 exam prep. workshop 21 April 09
- Slides from level 3 exam prep. workshop 22 April 09
- Department handbooks and timetables: I have collected links
- Past class exam papers are on our dept. portal under:
Home >> Level 3 Course Documentation and Resources >> Course Info
- Past exam papers are
available from the library
- Do Merlin login
to your personal library record, if it works.
- go to
- Search on (e.g.) "psychology honours"
- Pick the year you want, and click on the "Full list of Digital Images"
- Pick the paper you want to view (these are physical exam papers, not modules)
- N.B. you may find some on our portal under "course information":
particularly recent ones missing from the library
- Student access to online Registry stuff:
Dates of academic sessions, semesters, etc.
Foreign exchange dates
Teaching week numbers (see bottom of page)
- University information for current students:
- Finding places and rooms in the university
Ethics matters: ethics committee applications etc.
Stats consultation for maxi project students: the proforma (copied
from the portal 9 Feb 09)
International Personality Item Pool: Free personality questionnaires
Lewis R. Goldberg (2006) "The international personality item pool and
the future of public-domain personality measures"
Journal of Research in Personality vol.40 no.1 pp.84-96
Individual psychology staff (find their emails)
- Launchpad for literature searches
- The value of the degree
- A test of graduate preparedness (skills) for work.
This is an Australian
sample test for graduates of employable skills, called GSA =
Graduate Skills Assessment, mentioned in
THES (Times Higher Education Supplement)
18 June 2004 p.11.
(local PDF copy taken 28 June 2004.)
A teach-yourself tutorial on internet information skills for psychologists
- A database of psy. papers.
Both citations, user notes/comments, and pointer to free copies of papers.
- Using the internet as a search tool
- How to cite web documents in bibliographies
Australian document on APA/Harvard style for citing web docs
Australian document on APA/Harvard style
APA ref style
Phil Agre's guide (for postgrads) on human networking on the internet
Guide on human networking on the internet.
Intended for business people, but recommended by a student teacher
- PhDs by publication: a personal view
- Print off a blank timetable to help plan
your weekly activities
Classics in the History of Psychology
- Being interviewed: an animation by
direct link (for Macs, Quicktime, 18 Mbytes)
for Macs, Quicktime, 18 Mbytes
for PCs, MPEG, 35 Mbytes
for PCs, MPEG, 22 Mbytes
for PCs, MPEG, 20 Mbytes
for PCs, SWF, 8 Mbytes
Counselling and support for students
- List of different kinds of support for students
- Counselling for staff
(independent of the university): 0800 282 193
List for staff and students